Dental braces are orthodontic treatments that help fix smile and bite problems in patients. However, there are different types of braces available in today’s dentistry, so it is up to patients to choose the ones that better satisfy their needs. Most people do not know all the orthodontic treatments available today, which is why we talk about the different types of dental braces that one can get today.
Among the different types of brackets there are:
Traditional metal braces
These are the most iconic orthodontic treatments today. Traditional metal braces consist of metal brackets that get attached to the teeth and that are linked together by an archwire. Small and colorful elastic bands are used to keep the archwire in place, so the patient can customize and show his/her personality after each band replacement appointment.
- Materials have become lighter and stronger.
- Patients can customize the colors of the elastic bands.
- Really noticeable, some patients see them as the least aesthetic option.
A more aesthetic alternative to metal braces. Ceramic braces are a good affordable option for patients who do not want noticeable orthodontics.
- Less visible than metal.
- Not as expensive as Invisalign.
- Can stain easily.
Invisible aligners (Invisalign)
Even when there are some brands for invisible aligners, Invisalign is the most popular of them by a wide margin. Invisible aligners have become a popular alternative to traditional orthodontics since they resemble mouthguards that work just as braces to straighten your teeth, making them impossible to spot to others. Patients need to wear them at all times but can remove them when eating and brushing their teeth.
- Almost invisible, the best treatment aesthetically wise.
- Patients can brush and floss easier.
- More expensive than other options.
- Mostly advisable for mild to moderate dental problems, they do not work as good for severe dental problems as traditional orthodontics.
Another type of discrete orthodontic treatment. Lingual braces follow the same idea as traditional metal braces, but they are placed on the inside place of the teeth. This is a good option for adult patients who want to get invisible orthodontics for advanced dental problems that cannot be fixed by invisible aligners.
- Not available everywhere. Orthodontists who work with lingual braces need special training.
- People can notice some speech changes.
This treatment is a good option for patients who need orthodontics but have problems that do not allow them to stay still on a chair, are too sensitive for discomfort, or want faster treatments. They do look like traditional metal orthodontics but use doors or clips to keep the archwire in place, which needs way less time than changing elastic bands.
- Great for patients with developmental issues that need orthodontics.
- Work as great as traditional metal braces.
- Not as precise as traditional braces.
- Expensive in comparison to other orthodontic treatments.
Where to find the best braces for me in Phoenix?
If you are looking for the place to get the best orthodontic treatment for your case then you can come to Somos Dental.
At Somos Dental we offer a free first appointment to look at the best orthodontic option for your specific needs, you just need to call us at 623-2320856 or you can also fill our online form to schedule an appointment.
At Somos Dental we are known as the home of the most affordable braces in all Phoenix Metro Area; you can find us at any of our six locations at Downtown Phoenix, Avondale, Desert Sky Mall, Camelback, Mesa, and Laveen to get yours today.
Get a free laptop when you prepay your braces for only $1,999
We wanted to give the best present that it can be given, the presence of a beautiful white smile. In Somos Dental you can get a free laptop when you prepay your braces.You can schedule your appointment by filling our online form, which will also give you a free diagnostic appointment, so you get your braces while also taking care of your finances.