As of today, the United States of America is the third country with the most confirmed cases of Covid-19 (also known as ‘Coronavirus‘) in the world. This has led the president of the U.S. to declare a state of emergency for the entire country. Furthermore, several states have mandated social distancing and quarantines. Since we, SomosDental, are located in Arizona (which has also been declared in a state of emergency) we have decided to comply and stop all our operations as well as appointments with patients and clients. Right now, most health care providers have taken the same measures and precautions. This is what’s best for the whole population.
So, Should I go to the dentist when there are coronavirus cases everywhere? The short answer is no. You should not seek dental treatment unless there is an emergency. If you had an important dental appointment scheduled with us or with any dental health professional, please contact us, or try contacting your dentist through phone, or even e-mail if necessary. Do not go out during these critical times, since you can put your overall health in danger. Follow all instructions given by your state and do not visit any dental office. Most, if not all offices are closed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
So, how can you take care of your dental health during quarantine?
- Keep up your regular dental health routine. A healthy dental health routine includes brushing 3 times daily and flossing once a day.
- Do not use tools that can build up bacteria or viruses such as tongue scrapers.
- Avoid doing activities that can lead to dental damage.
- Avoid abusing foods and substances that can damage or corrode your teeth such as:
In conclusion, pay close attention to your dental health. Any accident could leave you with damaged teeth for some time, until social distancing is lifted, and you can get proper dental assistance.
Other general tips for the Coronavirus outbreak, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), are the following
- Wash your hands frequently: Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing: Maintain at least 1-meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene: Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early: Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider: Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Follow advice given by your healthcare provider, your national and local public health authority or your employer on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
For any further information regarding Coronavirus updates, you can refer to the CDC webpage which is constantly being updated with helpful tips and important news. You can click here to be redirected to the CDC webpage.
At Somos Dental we have a team of great professionals! If you need to contact us you can do so through any of the means listed on this page, or by visiting our locations (once the quarantine is over, of course!). We are located at the following four locations: Downtown, Desert Sky, Mesa and Camelback. You can also call us at 623-869-1091.